Free Case Evaluation
Cherry Hill Fatigued Driver Accident Attorneys
Talk to us if you’re injured in a truck accident with a fatigued driver in South Jersey
Accidents involving fatigued truck drivers pose significant risks due to the size and weight of commercial trucks. Fatigue impairs a driver's judgment, reaction time, and overall ability to operate their vehicle safely, making it a leading cause of truck accidents on our roadways.
The experienced fatigued driver accident attorneys at Ferrara & Gable in Cherry Hill are here to provide you with guidance and advocacy in seeking compensation for your injuries and losses. We understand the complexities of these cases and are committed to helping accident victims pursue justice and hold negligent parties accountable. Your journey to recovery and legal recourse begins here.
Free Case Evaluation
How dangerous is fatigued truck driving?
The Federal Motor Carrier Safety Administration (FMCSA) reports that “13 percent of commercial motor vehicle (CMV) drivers were considered to have been fatigued at the time of their crash.” They also note that the risk for fatigue-involved accidents is highest during the first hour of driving, likely due to something called “sleep inertia” – which is “impairment in a variety of performance tasks, including short-term memory, vigilance, cognitive functioning, reaction time, and ability to resist sleep.”
Truck Safety reports that 65% of truck drivers say they “often or sometimes” feel drowsy while driving, and nearly half of truck drivers surveyed stated they have actually fallen asleep while behind the wheel.
What types of injuries happen in Cherry Hill fatigued driving accidents?
Fatigued driving accidents can result in a wide range of injuries, which can vary in severity depending on the specifics of the accident and the vehicles involved. Fatigue impairs a driver's ability to react promptly and make sound judgments, making accidents caused by fatigued driving particularly dangerous. Common injuries that can occur in Cherry Hill fatigued driving accidents include:
- Neck trauma. Whiplash is a common injury in rear-end collisions caused by fatigued drivers. It can result in neck pain, stiffness, headaches, and reduced neck mobility.
- Soft tissue injuries. Fatigued driving accidents can lead to soft tissue injuries, such as sprains, strains, and contusions, affecting muscles, tendons, and ligaments. These injuries can cause pain and limited mobility.
- Fractures. High-impact accidents, especially those involving multiple vehicles or collisions with fixed objects, can result in broken bones or fractures, affecting various parts of the body.
- Brain injuries. Fatigued drivers may have impaired reaction times, making head injuries more likely. These injuries can range from concussions to traumatic brain injuries (TBIs), with varying degrees of severity.
- Spinal cord injuries. Severe accidents can lead to spinal cord injuries, which may result in paralysis, loss of sensation, and other neurological complications.
- Internal injuries. The force of a collision can cause internal injuries, such as damage to organs like the liver, spleen, or kidneys, which may require surgery.
- Facial injuries. Airbag deployment or impact with the steering wheel can result in facial injuries, including fractures, lacerations, and dental damage.
- Burns. In some cases, accidents involving fatigued drivers can result in fires or explosions, causing burns of varying degrees, which may require extensive medical treatment and surgery.
- Amputations. Severe accidents may result in traumatic amputations or injuries that require surgical amputations.
- Psychological injuries. The emotional trauma of being involved in an accident caused by a fatigued driver can result in conditions such as post-traumatic stress disorder (PTSD), anxiety, and depression.
In severe cases, fatigued driving accidents can lead to fatalities, leaving families to cope with the loss of a loved one. It's essential to seek immediate medical attention after any accident to assess and treat injuries, even if symptoms are not immediately apparent. Additionally, consulting with the qualified personal injury attorneys at Ferrara & Gable can help you understand your legal rights and pursue compensation for your injuries and related expenses.
How much is my Cherry Hill fatigued truck driver accident worth?
The types of compensation you are entitled to after a fatigued truck driver accident vary depending on the specific circumstances of your case, including the severity of your injuries, the amount of medical expenses you incurred, and the amount of lost wages you suffered. However, some common types of compensation include:
- Pain and suffering. This is compensation for the physical and emotional pain and suffering you have experienced because of the accident.
- Medical expenses. This includes the cost of ambulance rides, hospital stays, doctor visits, prescription medications, and physical therapy.
- Lost wages. This includes the wages you would have earned if you had not been injured in the accident.
- Property damage. This is compensation for the damage to your vehicle or other property.
- Punitive damages. These damages may be awarded to punish the truck driver or trucking company for their reckless or negligent behavior.
In addition to these common types of compensation, you may also be entitled to other types of compensation, such as future medical expenses, future lost wages, and loss of consortium.
Do you have a Cherry Hill fatigued truck driver accident attorney near me?
Ferrara & Gable maintains an office at 601 Longwood Avenue in Cherry Hill, NJ. There is parking available, and a bus stop right up the block on Rt. 38. If you are too injured or ill to travel, we can schedule a phone or video consultation.
Dedicated Cherry Hill truck accident attorneys serving South Jersey
If you or a loved one has been injured in a fatigued truck driver accident, your path to justice and recovery starts with us. Our dedicated team of experienced fatigued driver accident attorneys is here to fight for your rights, navigate the complexities of your case, and help you secure the compensation you deserve for your injuries and losses. Let us be your advocates in pursuing justice and holding those responsible accountable. Simply call our offices or contact us today for a confidential consultation. Proudly serving Camden County, Burlington County & all of South Jersey.