Free Case Evaluation
Cherry Hill Pool Injuries Lawyers
Skilled advocacy for South Jersey victims of drownings, falls, and other injuries
Many hotels, apartment complexes, and homes throughout Cherry Hill have swimming pools. The owners of these pools owe a duty of care to the people they invite to use their pools to ensure that the pool and the area around the pool are as safe as possible. When they fail in this duty, our Cherry Hill pool injury lawyers can represent you if you are injured, or if a loved one dies, while using a pool.
At Ferrara & Gable, we understand the legal obligations of private pool owners and public pool operators, as well as the manufacturers of defective pool parts. Our trial lawyers file claims against the pool owners, lifeguards, security personnel, manufacturers, and anyone else who may be responsible.
Free Case Evaluation
How can we help?
- How common are pool accidents?
- What types of accidents can happen at a Cherry Hill pool?
- Why do pool accidents happen in Cherry Hill?
- What types of injuries do Cherry Hill pool accidents cause?
- Who is responsible for pool injuries and fatalities in New Jersey?
- How much is my Cherry Hill pool accident claim worth?
- Do you have a pool accident lawyer near me?
How common are pool accidents?
According to the Consumer Product Safety Commission (CPSC), 4,400 children under 5 were treated at emergency departments for nonfatal pool or spa drownings in 2021. For the 5-14 age group, the number of ER visits was 1,300.
The Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) states that more children (1 in 4) die from drowning in America than any other cause of death.
Why do pool accidents happen in Cherry Hill?
Pool accidents can occur for any number of reasons, including:
- Negligent supervision by lifeguards or adult guests
- Failure to perform proper life-saving techniques, including CPR
- Inadequate lighting
- Defective drain covers
- Missing or inadequate signage regarding pool safety and diving rules
- Slippery, broken, or uneven decks
- Cloudy water
- Inadequate or missing safety instruction
The CDC states that the causes of drowning accidents include:
- Not knowing how to swim, or being a weak swimmer
- Not having fences, gates, or lockable safety ladders to prevent young children from entering the pool with the knowledge of an adult
- Not supervising children who are near water
Our Cherry Hill personal injury lawyers investigate the pool site, review the applicable notices and rules, and thoroughly question everyone who owned or managed the pool, speak with eyewitnesses, and examine any defective products that may have contributed to an accident.
What types of injuries do Cherry Hill pool accidents cause?
Common pool injuries include:
- Traumatic brain injuries and head trauma, such as when someone dives head-first into shallow water
- Traumatic amputations, such as when a swimmer gets his/her arm or leg caught in a drain
- Spinal cord damage and paralysis
- Broken bones/fractures
- Skin disorders
- Nerve, muscle, tissue, ligament, and tendon injuries
- Cuts, lacerations, and bruises
- Back, neck, and shoulder pain
- Scarring and disfigurement
Do you have a Cherry Hill pool injury attorney near me?
Ferrara & Gable meets parents, adults, and children who are injured while using a public or private pool. We meet clients at our office located at 601 Longwood Avenue in Cherry Hill, NJ. Parking is available and a bus stop is right up the block on Rt. 38. We arrange to speak with injured and ill clients (and their parents) by phone or via a video consultation.
Injured in a pool in South Jersey? Call our lawyers in Cherry Hill today
While some swimming injuries may heal with time, many pool accidents cause permanent injuries. Tragically, many swimming pool accidents are fatal. Ferrara & Gable has an impressive record of success in obtaining strong verdicts and settlements for injury victims and for the families of loved ones who die in pool accidents. Pool accidents are preventable. Call us or complete our contact form today to schedule a free consultation with a respected Cherry Hill pool injury lawyer.