Experienced Representation in All Types of Auto Accident Claims
In only a moment, a car crash can drastically impact your life. Working with a lawyer can help you take legal action and gain the resources you need to move forward with your life. Our lawyers handle claims involving all types of motor vehicles, including:
- Motorcycles — These cases can be complex. We have the experience you need.
- RVs and boats — When recreation results in an injury, we can help.
- Mass transit — We have experience holding multiple parties liable for injuries.
- Buses — We will determine who is liable and hold each party accountable.
- Trains — Whether you were a passenger on the train or involved in a collision, we can seek damages.
We will investigate to determine the cause of your accident. Common causes of car accidents include:
- Negligent drivers: People who drive while eating, talking or texting may be found in breach of their duty to drive safely. If you have been injured by a negligent driver, we will work to hold them accountable for your injuries.
- Hazardous roadways: Often, highways are not properly maintained or construction areas are not properly marked. If a road lacks proper guardrails, cars may veer off the road. If barriers and traffic direction signs are misplaced, cars may enter the wrong lane. When a roadway hazard causes an accident, municipalities, cities, counties, states and independent contractors can be held accountable.
- Drunk drivers: Under the law, dram shop liability is often recognized for commercial establishments. This liability also may extend to social hosts who serve their guests too many drinks before those guests get behind the wheel.
New Jersey Law on Car Accident Liability
In New Jersey, a personal injury victim may receive the full amount of damages from an individual or business determined to be 60% of more responsible for the total damages. If the individual or business is determined to be less than 60% responsible, the personal injury victim receives only the percentage of the damages directly attributable to that party.
The attorneys who handle you car accident case must take this into account when planning your trial strategy. If they do not, they could be depriving you of the recovery you depend on to move forward with your life. At The Ferrara Law Firm, LLC, we take an in-depth look at all facts and laws that could play a role in your case, making sure that every detail is covered.
We also represent people who have sustained a wide range of serious personal injuries, including brain injury, spinal cord injury, lost limbs, scarring and disfigurement. We also handle cases involving fatal accidents.
Tractor Trailer Accidents
One specific type of motor vehicle accident that often involves catastrophic injuries is tractor trailer accidents. Not only do these cases tend to be serious, they also involve unique challenges because of the rules that pertain specifically to the trucking industry. We have the skill and experience to overcome all challenges.
Free Case Evaluation With a South New Jersey Motor Vehicle Accident Attorney
Contact The Ferrara Law Firm, LLC, by completing our online contact form, or by calling us at 856-324-6156 or toll free at 888-874-8317. Hablamos español.