Experienced, Aggressive Car Accident Lawyer
While negligence can occur anywhere and at any time, it frequently happens on the roads of New Jersey and Eastern Pennsylvania, where it leads to serious accidents. Negligent acts come in many forms, including distracted driving, speeding, and more. When these acts lead to accidents and serious injuries, victims have the right to pursue car accident compensation. If you or a loved one has been injured in a car accident or another kind of motor vehicle accident, The Ferrara Law Firm, LLC, can help. We have been providing innovative and energetic representation to victims of negligence for more than 30 years. Along the way, we have recovered millions of dollars in verdicts and settlements for people like you. If you’re looking for a car accident lawyer that you can depend on, you’ve come to the right place.
Motor Vehicle and Car Accident Lawyers
In only a moment, a car crash can drastically impact your life. Working with an experienced car accident lawyer can help you take legal action and gain the resources you need to move forward with your life. Our motor vehicle accident lawyers handle claims involving all types of motor vehicles, including:
- Motorcycles — These cases can be complex. We have the experience you need.
- RVs and boats — When recreation results in an injury, we can help.
- Mass transit — We have experience holding multiple parties liable for injuries.
- Buses — We will determine who is liable and hold each party accountable.
- Trains — Whether you were a passenger on the train or involved in a collision, we can seek damages.
We will investigate to determine the cause of your accident. Common causes of car accidents include:
- Negligent drivers: People who drive while eating, talking, or texting may be found in breach of their duty to drive safely. If you have been injured by a negligent driver, we will work to hold them accountable for your injuries.
- Hazardous roadways: Often, highways are not adequately maintained, and construction areas are not properly marked. If a road lacks proper guardrails, cars may veer off the road. If barriers and traffic direction signs are misplaced, cars may enter the wrong lane. When a roadway hazard causes an accident, municipalities, cities, counties, states, and independent contractors can be held accountable.
- Drunk drivers: Under the law, dram shop liability is often recognized for commercial establishments. This liability also may extend to social hosts who serve their guests too many drinks before those guests get behind the wheel.
Examples of Motor Vehicle Accidents
Every car accident is unique to its own circumstances, but some types of accidents are quite common, including:
- Rear-End Accidents – Rear-end accidents are often exceedingly dangerous – even at slower speeds. When another car plows into the back of your vehicle, the ensuing physical damage can be immense.
- Head-On Collisions – Head-on collisions are uniquely terrifying and dangerous. When another car drives the wrong way down the road or jumps a lane, the results are often deadly.
- T-Bone Accidents – T-bone accidents refer to a motorist driving directly into the side of another car, and they happen most often at intersections – where cars converge while driving in all different directions.
- Rollovers – The danger associated with a car rolling over on the roadway needs no explanation. These often-deadly accidents are closely associated with driving at excessive speeds.
Causes of Car Accidents
Driving is an immense responsibility, and when motorists fail to live up to this responsibility, they endanger everyone with whom they share the road. Many factors can cause or contribute to dangerous car accidents, including:
- Drivers who speed excessively
- Drivers who are distracted by anything other than driving safely
- Drivers who are impaired by drugs and/or alcohol
- Drivers who fail to adjust their driving to accommodate for adverse weather and/or poor road conditions
- Aggressive drivers
- Fatigued drivers
How to Prevent Car Accidents
Car accidents happen, and as traffic continues to increase, so too do car accidents. There are, however, things that you can do to help prevent these dangerous accidents from happening in the first place, including:
- Always adhere to the rules of the road
- Never get behind the wheel if you’ve been drinking or are excessively tired
- Don’t engage with your smartphone or other distractions while driving
- Drive defensively – be on the lookout for dangerous drivers in your midst
- Plan your route ahead of time – knowing where you’re going eliminates the need to pay excessive attention to your GPS and can help you avoid road construction, which is closely associated with increased accidents
- Never engage with an aggressive driver – give him or her all the room you can and call the authorities if you think the situation warrants it
Common Types of Injuries
Car accident injuries can be extremely diverse, but there are several types that are most common, including:
- Whiplash – Back and neck injuries are often caused by car accidents, and whiplash is especially prevalent. Whiplash is a soft tissue injury that is often exceedingly painful, slow to heal, and can become chronic and debilitating. As such, whiplash claims are not uncommon, and settlements can be quite high.
- Broken Bones – Car accidents often lead to broken bones, which are incredibly painful injuries that are slow to heal. When a broken bone does not heal properly, it can lead to chronic pain and even permanent disability.
- Traumatic Brain Injuries (TBIs) – TBIs are head injuries that are not only extremely dangerous but are also extremely unpredictable. Many sufferers equate the results with an altered sense of self that obviously leads to extreme emotional difficulties. A serious TBI can permanently upend a person’s life.
- Spinal Cord Injuries – A spinal cord injury can occur anywhere on the spinal cord, and they can be both exceedingly painful and physically debilitating.
New Jersey Law on Car Accident Liability
Personal injury claims are predicated on fault, and if you are not at fault for the accident that left you injured, you may be able to bring a successful personal injury claim. In New Jersey, a personal injury victim may receive the full amount of damages from an individual or business determined to be 60% or more responsible for the total damages. If the individual or business is determined to be less than 60% responsible, the personal injury victim receives only the percentage of the damages directly attributable to that party.
The motor vehicle accident attorneys who handle your car accident case must take this into account when planning your trial strategy. If they do not, they could be depriving you of the recovery you need to move forward with your life. At The Ferrara Law Firm, LLC, our experienced car accident lawyers take an in-depth look at all the facts and laws that could play a role in your case, making sure that every detail is covered.
We also represent people who have sustained a wide range of serious personal injuries, including brain injuries, spinal cord injuries, lost limbs, and scarring, and disfigurement. We also handle cases involving fatal accidents.
Our Experience & How We Can Help
Successful car accident claims require experienced legal counsel, extensive preparation, and dedication. At The Ferrara Law Firm, we take pride in giving every car accident case we accept the careful attention it deserves. We build each case from the ground up, including gathering extensive evidence, running focus groups, working closely with jury consultants, and hiring leading authorities in the field. This is in addition to the legal work conducted by our formidable legal team.
Your rights and your case are as important to us as they are to you, and we’re committed to advocating on your behalf for the car accident settlement to which you are entitled and that you need to achieve your fullest recovery. Our record of highly successful car accident litigation speaks to our unique ability to help clients like you obtain favorable results in complicated and sensitive car accident cases.
Our record of success includes multi-million dollar jury verdicts and settlements, and we continue to fortify this record with every car accident case we accept.
What You Can Expect During the Claims Process
The claims process for a car accident can be intense, but an experienced car accident lawyer will take on the important legal task while you attend to regaining your health. The legal claims process generally includes:
- Gathering evidence which can involve recreating the accident scene
- Gathering eye witness testimonies
- Securing expert testimony
- Negotiating with the insurance company on your behalf
- Taking the case to trial if an adequate settlement cannot be reached with the insurance company
Car Accident Settlements
Every car accident settlement is unique to its own circumstances, but there are some basics that apply to average car accident settlements. The damages generally covered include:
- Medical expenses are often immense, and they begin with emergency care and transportation and extend through surgery and ongoing medical care (and beyond).
- Car accidents often lead to lost hours on the job and subsequently lost wages. A serious injury can diminish your earning capacity into the future and can even alter your career trajectory.
- The pain and suffering associated with a car accident should never be discounted. Such an accident can be not only physically painful but can also lead to immense psychological pain. Many victims suffer from depression, increased anxiety, and other symptoms that are associated with PTSD. As a result, pain and suffering settlements can be quite large.
While it’s difficult to say at the outset exactly what your settlement will look like, the average settlement for car accidents is higher than you might expect.
Free Case Evaluation With a South New Jersey Motor Vehicle Accident Attorney
If you have been injured by another driver’s negligence (or anyone’s negligence), you need an experienced car accident lawyer on your side. The Ferrara Law Firm, LLC, proudly serves the New Jersey area, so please don’t hesitate to contact or call us at 856-324-6156 or 888-874-8317 (toll-free) for a free case evaluation today. Hablamos español.