In addition, we represent surviving family members after fatal construction accidents.The Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA) – a small federal agency that, with its partners at the state level, is responsible for the safety of millions of American workers – shares some dire statistics as they relate to construction site accidents, including:
- Nearly 21 percent of all worker fatalities in 2017 were in the construction industry.
- The leading cause of these construction-related deaths was falls – followed by being struck by an object, electrocution, and being caught in-between two objects.
- These four types of accidents are known as the fatal four OSHA construction accidents.
Why You Need a Construction Accident Attorney
Construction accidents can lead to devastating injuries, but some of the most common construction injuries include:
These are all serious injuries that can leave you with costly medical bills and a diminished capacity to work, and possibly to continue earning a living into the future. In other words, the consequences of such an injury can be devastating, and you need the professional legal counsel of an experienced construction accident lawyer on your side.
Many injured construction workers believe that workers’ compensation is in place to take care of them if they become injured on the job, but the fact is that workers’ comp isn’t always on your side. Workers’ compensation is a form of insurance, and it is not above denying claims and minimizing settlements. The physical, emotional, and financial damages associated with a serious construction site accident can be difficult to overestimate, and if you don’t obtain the compensation to which you are entitled, it makes you full recovery more challenging.
The experienced construction accident attorneys at The Ferrara Law Firm not only have decades of experience successfully representing injured construction workers like you but also have the immense resources necessary to bring your strongest claim. Your future is far too important to leave to chance.
A past president of the New Jersey Trial Lawyers Association and of the Civil Justice Foundation, our founding attorney Michael A. Ferrara, Jr. is a frequent lecturer on personal injury and trial law at continuing legal education events (CLEs) for other lawyers. With a history of obtaining jury verdicts and settlements in excess of a million dollars on behalf of injured clients, he is also a member of the Million Dollar Advocates Forum.
What to Expect
Every construction site accident is as unique as the person involved, but every construction accident case follows a similar path forward, including:
- We will investigate your accident and gather important evidence in support of your claim. The strongest cases begin with a swift, thorough, effective, and efficient investigation into the facts that preserve necessary evidence in the process.
- Our experienced legal team will work closely with you to track your medical records, expenses, treatment, and care in support of your claim and to establish the extent of the injuries you’ve sustained.
- If your case is complex, we will bring in the necessary medical experts, safety specialists, engineers, economists, and/or anyone else who is necessary to strengthen your claim and to present it as persuasively as possible.
- We will work with you to help you proactively handle any medical bills, provider liens, and/or government liens throughout the process.
- If we can’t obtain a settlement that adequately covers your needs, our experienced and committed trial lawyers will represent you in court – where they’ll aggressively advocate for the best possible resolution of your claim.
Contact Us Regarding Your Construction Accident
If you or someone you love has been injured or worse in a construction accident, the experienced construction site accident lawyers at The Ferrara Law Firm – proudly serving Cherry Hill, New Jersey, and Philadelphia – are here to help. Construction-related accidents are among the most brutal and deadly work accidents, and if you or someone you care about has been injured, our dedicated legal team has the experience, skill, commitment, and resources to help you obtain the compensation that you need and that you are entitled to. For a free case evaluation, please don’t hesitate to contact or call us at 856-779-9500 today.