Free Case Evaluation
Cherry Hill Pedestrian Accident Lawyers
Help for pedestrians who are injured in South Jersey
South Jersey has some lovely places to walk – to see friends, get some exercise, or shop. While walking along a park trail or a sidewalk is relatively safe, pedestrians do face risks, especially at intersections and in parking lots. Our pedestrian accident lawyers in Cherry Hill can help.
Most pedestrian accidents cause catastrophic injuries or fatalities because the human body is no match for the weight and speed of a moving car. At Ferrara & Gable, our injury lawyers are respected by former clients, insurance companies, and defense lawyers for our detailed preparation of every part of your case. We understand how to show that a driver caused a pedestrian accident, and why that driver should be held liable. Our lawyers are skilled at showing why personal injury victims and families deserve full compensation for their personal and financial damages. Call us today for help.
Free Case Evaluation
How can we help?
- How deadly are pedestrian accidents?
- Where do pedestrian accidents happen in Cherry Hill?
- Why do pedestrian accidents happen in Cherry Hill?
- What injuries do Cherry Hill pedestrian accidents cause?
- Who is liable for a Cherry Hill pedestrian accident?
- What compensation can I receive for my injuries in a pedestrian accident case?
- How long do I have to bring a pedestrian accident lawsuit in New Jersey?
- Do you have a pedestrian accident lawyer near me?
How deadly are pedestrian accidents?
The Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) estimates that almost 8,000 pedestrians died in motor vehicle accidents in 2021 – almost one death every 66 minutes. In 2021, one in six fatal vehicle crashes killed a pedestrian. In 2020, more than 100,000 pedestrians required ER care due to a motor vehicle crash.
In New Jersey, 140 pedestrians died in traffic crashes in 2022, and as of October 18, 113 pedestrians died in 2023. The age group that suffered the most fatalities in 2023 was walkers between 65 and 79.
Why do pedestrian accidents happen in Cherry Hill?
Most pedestrian accidents happen because a driver wasn’t looking for pedestrians or didn’t respect the rights of pedestrians. At Ferrara & Gable, our Cherry Hill personal injury lawyers are skilled at showing a driver struck a pedestrian because the driver:
- Drove while distracted, such as by texting or talking on a smartphone
- Drove while intoxicated or impaired by drugs
- Was speeding
- Failed to stop before the crosswalk at an intersection
- Turned when turning wasn’t permissible or turned without yielding to a pedestrian
- Backed out or reversed without using proper caution
- Drove without looking for pedestrians in a parking lot
Our investigators examine the accident site, speak with any eyewitnesses, and question whether any nearby businesses or residences have video of the accident. We review the police report and speak with the police who are called to the scene of the accident. Our team formally questions the driver, any passengers, and anyone with information about the accident.
What injuries do Cherry Hill pedestrian accidents cause?
Most pedestrian injuries cause permanent harm and a lifetime of pain. We represent walkers who suffer any type of serious injury including:
- Spinal cord damage including paralysis
- Traumatic amputation/limb loss
- Head injuries including traumatic brain injuries
- Simple, complex, compound, and multiple fractures
- Internal bleeding and internal organ damage
- Nerve, muscle, ligament, and tissue damage
- Heart disorders
- Vision and hearing loss
- Shoulder, neck, and back pain
- Scarring and disfigurement
Our Cherry Hill pedestrian accident lawyers understand how crushing and traumatic most injuries are. A person is simply no match for any type of motorized vehicle.
How long do I have to bring a pedestrian accident lawsuit in New Jersey?
In New Jersey, personal injury and wrongful death claims must be filed within two years from the date of the accident. The time limit for filing a claim is much shorter if you have a claim against the New Jersey Department of Transportation. Some exceptions may apply.
Don’t delay. If you were injured, or a loved one died in a Cherry Hill pedestrian accident, you should seek legal help as soon as possible. The sooner our investigators can investigate the accident site, and the sooner we can question everyone who has information about the accident or your injuries, the stronger your case will be.
Do you have a Cherry Hill pedestrian accident lawyer near me?
Ferrara & Gable maintains an office at 601 Longwood Avenue in Cherry Hill, NJ. Parking is available, and a bus stop is right up the block on Rt. 38. We can schedule a phone or video consultation if you are too injured or ill to travel.
Skilled Cherry Hill pedestrian injury lawyers serving South Jersey
If you or your loved one suffered injuries while walking around town, in a parking lot, near a construction site, or while crossing a street, you have legal options. The Cherry Hill pedestrian accident lawyers of Ferrara & Gable are on your side. Call or contact us today for a free, confidential consultation and take the first step toward securing the compensation you deserve.
Related on pedestrian accidents in New Jersey: