Free Case Evaluation
Cherry Hill Nursing Home Infection Lawyers
Cherry Hill nursing home infection attorneys advocating for the elderly in South Jersey
Most nursing home residents in Cherry Hill are seniors who are susceptible to various infections and diseases and who often require immediate medical care because their immune systems aren’t as strong as younger people. At Ferrara & Gable, our Cherry Hill nursing home infection lawyers are skilled at showing that a senior or your loved one suffered a preventable or treatable infection. We work with the senior’s doctors and our own network of doctors when necessary to establish the full consequences of negligent nursing home care for infections, the physical and emotional harm infections and diseases cause, the types of treatments that will be necessary, and the cost of that care. We file wrongful death claims if nursing home negligence caused an infection to become fatal.
Free Case Evaluation
How can we help?
- What are the causes of infections in nursing homes in Cherry Hill?
- What types of infections are common in nursing homes in Cherry Hill?
- When can South Jersey nursing homes be held accountable for neglectful infection care?
- How much is a nursing home infection case worth?
- Do you have a Cherry Hill nursing home infection lawyer near me?
What are the causes of infections in nursing homes in Cherry Hill?
Some of the reasons why infections happen at nursing homes are:
- Frequent visitors. Many residents of Cherry Hill nursing homes see many different staff members, other residents, and outside visitors, including friends and family. Each visit carries a risk of exposure to germs and bacteria.
- Weakened immune systems. The elderly are more prone to infections because their immune systems weaken with age.
- Inadequate infection control. Nursing home neglect includes failing to take preventive measures to prevent and limit the spread of germs and bacteria including failing to perform proper hygiene and failing to treat infections promptly.
- Close contact. Many nursing residents share dining rooms, community rooms, bathrooms, and other facilities which increase the risk of sharing germs and bacteria.
When can South Jersey nursing homes be held accountable for neglectful infection care?
At Ferrara & Gable, our Cherry Hill nursing home infection lawyers hold nursing homes accountable for negligence that causes infections or the nursing home’s failure to treat infections properly. Some of the reasons nursing homes may be liable for infections include:
- Failing to limit the sharing of medical equipment
- A lack of proper hygiene by the residents
- Not having policies and procedures in place to prevent infections or respond to infections
- Failing to treat wounds and illness properly
- Not requiring that residents are properly vaccinated
- Not educating the nursing home staff about infection control
How much is a nursing home infection case worth?
The compensation we demand from negligent Cherry Hill nursing homes includes all your current and future:
- Physical pain and emotional suffering
- Medical expenses
- Loss of function
- Loss of quality of life
If a loved one dies, we file a wrongful death claim on behalf of the family members.
Our nursing home abuse and neglect lawyers demand full compensation for all the harm nursing home negligence causes seniors. We work with your doctors and independent doctors when necessary to understand what infections a resident has, what treatments can help treat that resident’s infections or any complications that result, the cost of medical care for those treatments, and every way the infections alter the resident’s quality of life.