Free Case Evaluation
Cherry Hill Medical Malpractice Attorneys
Compassionate representation after you’re injured by medical negligence in South Jersey
Medical malpractice occurs when a healthcare professional or facility fails to provide the standard of care expected in the medical field, resulting in patient harm or injury. At Ferrara & Gable, our Cherry Hill medical malpractice lawyers understand the impact that medical malpractice can have on victims and their families, and we are dedicated to providing expert legal assistance to those who have suffered due to medical negligence.
Are you a patient who has experienced medical malpractice? Or a family member advocating for a loved one? Our experienced Cherry Hill medical malpractice attorneys are here to advocate for your rights, seek the compensation you deserve, and guide you through the process of pursuing justice for the harm you’ve suffered.
In one case, we secured a $1.7 Million settlement for anesthesiologic malpractice, after the anesthesiologist incorrectly inserted a tube in the plaintiff’s esophagus when the plaintiff had a pre-existing artificial opening in the neck from a previous laryngectomy, 30 years before. Read our verdicts and settlements page to find out more about our successes.
Free Case Evaluation
What is medical malpractice?
Per Medical News Today, medical malpractice is “when a healthcare professional neglects to provide appropriate treatment, take appropriate action, or gives substandard treatment that causes harm, injury, or death to a person.” They also report that there are approximately 15,000 to 19,000 medical malpractice cases every year.
To prove medical malpractice, a patient must demonstrate that:
- The healthcare professional had a duty of care to the patient. This means that the healthcare professional owed the patient a standard of care that is considered reasonable under similar circumstances.
- The healthcare professional breached their duty of care. This means that the healthcare professional failed to meet the standard of care.
- The breach of duty caused the patient's injury or death.
- The patient suffered damages, such as medical expenses, lost wages, and pain and suffering.
If you believe that you or a loved one has been the victim of medical malpractice, it is important to contact an experienced Cherry Hill medical malpractice attorney to discuss your legal rights and options. We can help you to investigate the circumstances of your case, determine if you have a valid claim, and pursue compensation for your damages.
What types of injuries occur from medical malpractice?
Medical malpractice can lead to a wide variety of injuries, including:
- Physical injuries. These can include broken bones, nerve damage, organ damage, and infections.
- Birth injuries. These can include cerebral palsy, Erb's palsy, and brain damage.
- Cognitive impairments. These can include memory loss, difficulty concentrating, and learning disabilities.
- Emotional distress. This can include anxiety, depression, and post-traumatic stress disorder (PTSD).
In some cases, medical malpractice can even lead to wrongful death.
The severity of the injuries caused by medical malpractice can vary depending on the specific circumstances of the case. For example, a misdiagnosed cancer patient may suffer serious injuries or even death if the cancer is not treated early. A patient who experiences a medication error may suffer mild or severe side effects, depending on the medication involved.
If you believe that you or a loved one has been the victim of medical malpractice, it is important to contact the experienced medical malpractice attorneys at Ferrara & Gable to discuss your legal rights and options. Your attorney can help you to determine the extent of your injuries and pursue compensation for your damages.
Who is liable for my Cherry Hill medical malpractice claim?
Determining liability in a medical malpractice claim involves evaluating the specific circumstances of the case and identifying the parties responsible for the medical negligence or malpractice. Liability can vary depending on the role and actions of the individuals or entities involved. Potential parties that may be liable in a medical malpractice claim include:
- Healthcare providers. Healthcare professionals, including doctors, nurses, surgeons, anesthesiologists, and specialists, may be held liable for medical malpractice if their actions or omissions result in patient harm. This can include misdiagnosis, surgical errors, medication errors, and other forms of negligence.
- Hospitals and medical facilities. Hospitals and healthcare facilities may be held vicariously liable for the actions of their employees, such as doctors and nurses, if the negligence occurred within the scope of their employment. Hospitals can also be held directly liable for issues related to hospital policies, staffing, equipment maintenance, and patient safety protocols.
- Pharmaceutical companies. In cases involving medication errors or defective drugs, pharmaceutical companies may be held liable for manufacturing defects, inadequate warnings, or issues related to the prescription or distribution of medications.
- Medical device manufacturers. Manufacturers of medical devices or equipment may be liable if a defective or malfunctioning device leads to patient harm during a medical procedure or treatment.
- Nursing homes and care facilities. In cases of nursing home neglect or abuse, the nursing home or care facility may be held responsible for inadequate care, staffing issues, or abusive behavior by staff members.
- Other healthcare professionals. In addition to doctors and nurses, other healthcare professionals, such as pharmacists, radiologists, and therapists, may also be liable if their actions or decisions result in patient harm.
It's important to note that medical malpractice cases can be complex, and establishing liability often requires a thorough investigation and expert testimony from medical professionals. To determine the parties liable for your Cherry Hill medical malpractice claim, it is advisable to consult with an experienced medical malpractice attorney who can help you pursue compensation for your injuries and losses and guide you through the legal process.
Do you have a Cherry Hill medical malpractice attorney near me?
Ferrara & Gable maintains an office at 601 Longwood Avenue in Cherry Hill, NJ. Parking is available, and a bus stop is right up the block on Rt. 38. We can schedule a phone or video consultation if you are too injured or ill to travel.
Dedicated Cherry Hill medical malpractice lawyers serving South Jersey
If you or a loved one has been a victim of medical malpractice in South Jersey, you don't have to bear the burden alone. The compassionate and experienced Cherry Hill medical malpractice attorneys at Ferrara & Gable are here to be your advocates, to fight for your rights, and to seek the justice and compensation you deserve. We understand the physical, emotional, and financial toll that medical negligence can take on individuals and families, and we're committed to helping you on your journey to recovery. Don't delay seeking the legal help you need. To schedule a consultation with an experienced attorney, call our offices or contact us today. Proudly serving all of South Jersey.
Related on medical malpractice in NJ:
- These are the Most Common Types of Medical Malpractice
- What are Hospital-Acquired Conditions?
- Can You Sue for Medication Errors?
- Types of Damages in Medical Malpractice Cases: What New Jersey Residents Should Know
- Medical Malpractice in New Jersey: Understanding the Standard of Care
- What You Need to Know About Emergency Room Errors