Free Case Evaluation
Cherry Hill Catastrophic Injury Attorneys
Catastrophic injury lawyers helping when you suffer a life-altering injury in South Jersey
A catastrophic personal injury is a serious injury that results in permanent disability or disfigurement. These injuries can have a devastating impact on a person’s life, affecting their ability to work, enjoy their hobbies, and maintain relationships. Catastrophic injuries aren’t like other injuries – their effects can linger for months, years, or the rest of your life.
When you need experienced Cherry Hill catastrophic injury attorneys, look to Ferrara & Gable. Our Cherry Hill lawyers understand how to deal with catastrophic injuries. With our attorneys' impressive records of billion and multi-million dollar verdicts and settlements, we are here to help when an injury changes your or your loved one’s life. Talk to us today about how we can help secure compensation for you and your family.
Free Case Evaluation
How can we help?
- What is a catastrophic injury?
- What are some examples of catastrophic injury?
- How do catastrophic injuries happen in Cherry Hill?
- What are the long-term effects of catastrophic injuries?
- What is the value of my Cherry Hill catastrophic injury case?
- Do you have a catastrophic injury attorney near me?
What is a catastrophic injury?
A catastrophic injury is a severe and often life-altering injury that results in significant, long-term, or permanent physical and/or cognitive impairment. These injuries typically have a profound and lasting impact on the injured person's life, often requiring extensive medical treatment, rehabilitation, and ongoing care. Catastrophic injuries can occur from accidents, medical procedures, or violent incidents, and they may result from both intentional and unintentional actions.
How do catastrophic injuries happen in Cherry Hill?
Catastrophic injuries can happen in a variety of ways, including:
- Motor vehicle accidents. Car and truck accidents are a leading cause of catastrophic injuries in the United States. These accidents can be caused by distracted driving, drunk driving, speeding, and other factors.
- Worksite accidents. Workplace accidents can also lead to catastrophic injuries. These accidents can be caused by machinery malfunctions, falls, and other hazards.
- Birth injuries. A birth injury is any physical injury to a baby that occurs during or shortly after childbirth. These can be caused by medical malpractice during pregnancy, labor, and childbirth.
- Construction accidents. Construction accidents are often dangerous and can lead to catastrophic injuries. These accidents can be caused by falls, falling objects, and other hazards.
- Product defects. Defective products can also cause catastrophic injuries. For example, a defective car can cause a serious accident, and a defective medical device can cause serious health problems.
- Intentional acts of violence. Intentional acts of violence, such as shootings and stabbings, can also lead to catastrophic injuries.
- Animal attacks. Animals, especially dogs, can bite and cause severe, life-changing injuries to both children and adults.
- Medical malpractice. Medical malpractice is another potential cause of catastrophic injuries. Medical professionals can make mistakes during surgery, diagnosis, or treatment, which can lead to serious injuries.
If you or someone you know has suffered a catastrophic injury, it is important to seek legal advice from the experienced personal injury attorneys at Ferrara & Gable. An attorney can help you understand your legal rights and options, and can represent you in any legal proceedings that may arise from your injury.
What are the long-term effects of catastrophic injuries?
The long-term effects of catastrophic injuries vary depending on the type and severity of the injury. However, some common long-term effects of catastrophic injuries include:
- Physical disability. Catastrophic injuries can cause permanent physical disabilities, such as paralysis, amputation, and loss of vision or hearing. These disabilities can make it difficult or impossible for people to perform everyday activities and tasks.
- Cognitive impairment. Catastrophic injuries can also cause cognitive impairment, such as memory loss, difficulty concentrating, and problems with executive functioning. Cognitive impairment can make it difficult for you to work, learn, and maintain relationships.
- Psychological trauma. Catastrophic injuries can also lead to psychological trauma, such as post-traumatic stress disorder (PTSD), depression, and anxiety. Psychological trauma can make it difficult for patients to cope with their injuries and return to their normal lives.
In addition to these general long-term effects, catastrophic injuries can also have specific effects depending on the type of injury. For example, spinal cord injuries can lead to respiratory problems, pressure sores, and bladder and bowel incontinence. Traumatic brain injuries can lead to headaches, seizures, and mood swings. Amputations can lead to phantom limb pain and difficulty adjusting to life with a prosthetic limb.
Do you have a catastrophic injury attorney near me?
Ferrara & Gable maintains an office at 601 Longwood Avenue in Cherry Hill, NJ. There is parking available, and a bus stop right up the block on Rt. 38. If you are too injured or ill to travel, we can schedule a phone or video consultation.
Experience Cherry Hill catastrophic injury attorneys serving South Jersey
When you or a loved one has experienced a catastrophic injury, you need strong legal representation. At Ferrara & Gable, we treat every client as if they’re our only client. Put simply, our lawyers help injured people. To schedule a free consultation, please call our Cherry Hill offices or contact us today. Proudly serving Camden County, Burlington County & all of South Jersey.