Free Case Evaluation
Cherry Hill Uber and Lyft Accident Attorneys
Injured in a South Jersey rideshare accident? Talk to our Cherry Hill Uber & Lyft accident lawyers
The rise of ridesharing services has transformed the way we get around, but it has also introduced unique challenges when it comes to accidents and liability. At Ferrara & Gable, our Cherry Hill Uber & Lyft accident lawyers recognize the significant physical, emotional, and legal complexities involved in Uber & Lyft accidents. We are here to provide support and resources when you’re injured in a rideshare accident.
We are dedicated to assisting victims and passengers in understanding their rights and options while pursuing justice and compensation for the injuries and losses they have endured. Our experienced team of Cherry Hill Uber & Lyft accident attorneys is here to be your advocates, helping you navigate the legal and insurance process, and ensuring that those responsible for the accident are held accountable.
Free Case Evaluation
How can we help?
- What are the common causes of rideshare accidents?
- What types of injuries occur in a Cherry Hill rideshare accident?
- Who pays my bills after a Cherry Hill Uber or Lyft accident?
- How can a Cherry Hill rideshare accident attorney help with my claim?
- Do you have an Uber and Lyft accident attorney near me?
What are the common causes of rideshare accidents?
According to a study from the University of Chicago, “the arrival of ridesharing is associated with an increase of 2-3% in the number of motor vehicle fatalities and fatal accidents.” This study did not consider non-fatal accidents and injuries. Rideshare accidents happen for many of the same reasons traditional car accidents happen. Some of these reasons include:
- Distracted driving. Uber and Lyft drivers are often checking their GPS, texting, or talking on the phone while driving, which takes their minds and eyes off the road. Unfortunately, these and other distracted driving practices significantly increase the risk that your driver will cause an accident.
- Inexperience. Uber and Lyft do not provide their drivers with any special training before allowing them to transport passengers. Some crashes are caused when inexperienced and unqualified drivers do not have the skill to respond appropriately to traffic conditions.
- Fatigue. Uber and Lyft drivers often drive for long hours using several accounts. For others, being a rideshare driver is their side job – long work hours can contribute to driver fatigue. Research shows that driving fatigued is just as dangerous as driving under the influence of alcohol.
- Speeding. Uber and Lyft drivers may speed to make more trips or to meet passenger demands. Unfortunately, speeding significantly increases the risk of an accident.
- Reckless driving. Some Uber and Lyft drivers engage in reckless driving behaviors, such as tailgating, weaving in and out of traffic, and making sudden lane changes. These behaviors can put passengers and other drivers at risk.
- Drunk driving. Uber and Lyft drivers are just as susceptible to impaired driving as other drivers. Driving under the influence of alcohol or drugs significantly increases the risk of an accident.
- Poor vehicle maintenance. Uber and Lyft drivers are responsible for maintaining their own vehicles. If a vehicle is not properly maintained, it may be more likely to break down or malfunction, which can lead to an accident.
- Dangerous road conditions. Uber and Lyft drivers may operate in areas with dangerous road conditions, such as potholes, uneven pavement, or poor lighting. These conditions can increase the risk of an accident.
If you have been injured in an Uber or Lyft accident, it is important to contact an experienced car accident attorney at Ferrara & Gable in Cherry Hill to discuss your legal rights and options. Your attorney can help you to investigate the cause of the accident, identify the responsible parties, and file a claim for compensation.
Who pays my bills after a Cherry Hill Uber or Lyft accident?
After an Uber or Lyft accident, determining who is responsible for paying your bills can be complex and may depend on various factors, including the circumstances of the accident and the insurance coverage in place. Here are some considerations regarding who may cover your expenses after a ridesharing accident:
- Uber/Lyft's insurance. Both Uber and Lyft provide insurance coverage for their drivers while they are actively using the ridesharing app. If the rideshare driver was at fault for the accident or if they were partially at fault, you may be able to seek compensation through the rideshare company's insurance policy. These policies typically provide coverage for bodily injury and property damage, but the specific coverage and limits can vary depending on the driver's status at the time of the accident.
- Driver's personal insurance. If the rideshare driver was not actively using the app (off-duty), you may need to turn to the driver's personal insurance policy for compensation. In some cases, the driver's personal insurance may deny coverage for accidents that occur while the driver is working for a rideshare company.
- Your own insurance. Your personal auto insurance policy may come into play if the rideshare driver's insurance is insufficient or if the driver is uninsured. In some situations, your policy may provide coverage under uninsured/underinsured motorist (UM/UIM) coverage.
- Other parties. If there were additional vehicles involved in the accident, the insurance policies of those vehicles and drivers may also be relevant to covering your expenses, depending on their levels of fault.
Determining which insurance policies apply and how they interact can be complex, especially in rideshare accidents. It's advisable to consult with an experienced personal injury attorney who understands how Uber and Lyft accidents work. Your Cherry Hill car accident attorney can assess the details of your case, identify the responsible parties, negotiate with insurance companies, and help you pursue the compensation needed to cover medical bills, property damage, lost wages, and other related expenses.
How can a Cherry Hill rideshare accident attorney help with my claim?
A Cherry Hill rideshare accident attorney like those at Ferrara & Gable plays an important role in helping you with your claim. Rideshare accidents often involve complex legal and insurance issues, making professional legal guidance essential to navigate the complexities of your case effectively.
First, your rideshare accident attorney can conduct a thorough investigation into the circumstances of the accident. This includes gathering evidence, interviewing witnesses, and assessing the extent of your injuries and damages. They can help establish liability by determining whether the Uber or Lyft driver was at fault, partially at fault, or not at fault for the accident. This investigation is critical in building a strong case to support your compensation claim.
Additionally, a skilled attorney can assist you in dealing with insurance companies. Insurance companies often try to minimize payouts or deny claims altogether, especially in rideshare accident cases. Your attorney can negotiate with the rideshare company's insurance, the driver's personal insurance, and any other relevant insurers on your behalf. They can ensure that you are not pressured into accepting a settlement that is less than what you deserve and can advocate for your rights throughout the claims process.
Your attorney can also help you calculate the full extent of your damages, taking into account medical bills, property damage, lost wages, and pain and suffering. They have experience assessing the long-term impact of injuries and can provide expert guidance on what constitutes fair compensation.
If a settlement cannot be reached with insurance companies, your attorney can represent you in court. They can file a personal injury lawsuit on your behalf, gather evidence to support your case, and present your claim to a judge and jury in the best possible light.
Do you have a Cherry Hill Uber and Lyft accident attorney near me?
Ferrara & Gable maintains an office at 601 Longwood Avenue in Cherry Hill, NJ. There is parking available, and a bus stop right up the block on Rt. 38. If you are too injured or ill to travel, we can schedule a phone or video consultation.
Our Cherry Hill, NJ rideshare accident lawyers can help anyway in South Jersey
If you've been involved in an Uber or Lyft accident in Cherry Hill, don't face the complexities of your claim alone. Our experienced Uber and Lyft accident lawyers in Cherry Hill are here to fight for your rights, guide you through the legal process, and ensure that you receive the compensation you deserve. Your recovery and financial well-being are our top priorities. To find out more, call our Cherry Hill offices or contact us today for a confidential consultation. Proudly serving Camden County, Burlington County & all of South Jersey.