Free Case Evaluation
Information on New Jersey Car Insurance
Car accident lawyers in Cherry Hill helping you understand your policy
If you are involved in a traffic accident in New Jersey, you deserve and need compensation for your pain and suffering, medical expenses, lost income, and property damage. At Ferrara & Gable, our Cherry Hill car accident lawyers understand the types of coverage all vehicle owners should have. We also understand what happens when the driver who caused your accident is uninsured or doesn’t have enough insurance to pay for all of your damages. Contact us for help with any accident claim.
How can we help?
- What types of insurance policies can be used after a vehicle accident in Cherry Hill?
- How do you handle insurance claims for accident victims in South Jersey?
- How does car accident insurance work in Cherry Hill?
- How does truck accident insurance work in Cherry Hill?
- How does motorcycle accident insurance work in Cherry Hill?
- How does insurance work in other types of Cherry Hill vehicle accidents?
- Do you have a Cherry Hill car accident lawyer near me?
No-fault insurance policies
- Personal injury protection (PIP) insurance. This coverage is part of your auto insurance and should pay most of your medical bills and some of your lost wages following an accident, immediately and without regard to fault. You can receive coverage as long as your policy affords it, whether you caused the accident or another driver caused the accident. PIP also provides for some death benefits and can pay for some essential services such as household cleaning. PIP is part of a car owner’s basic policy or standard policy. Your eligibility for coverage of injuries depends on whether you have a basic policy or a standard policy where you are entitled to up to $250,000 worth of medical coverage.
- Your own health insurance policy. Any Cherry Hill vehicle accident victim can use their own health insurance to pay for their surgeries, doctor visits, and rehabilitation. Your health policies include your private insurance, health insurance through your employer or a union, and governmental insurance such as Medicare and Medicaid. When appropriate, our lawyers may negotiate arrangements with your doctors to postpone payment of deductibles, copays, and other out-of-pocket expenses with your medical providers. Each health insurance policy works differently and may affect your personal injury claim, so it is important to discuss this coverage with an attorney early on.
- Collision and comprehensive insurance. If you have these types of coverages on your own auto policy, your own insurance may pay for the cost to repair or replace your vehicle (if it’s totaled) – regardless of fault, but usually subject to a deductible.
At-fault insurance policies
The insurance policies that pay for your economic and personal losses once fault is determined include:
- Liability insurance. This is the type of coverage used to compensate victims for their pain and suffering, medical bills, lost income, property damage, and any other financial or economic damages – including wrongful death damages, when a driver causes an accident and harms other drivers or pedestrians.
- Uninsured/underinsured (UM/UIM) insurance. Unfortunately, many drivers drive without any liability insurance. Even drivers who do have liability insurance often only buy the state minimum. UM/UIM insurance can pay accident victims if an at-fault driver is uninsured or doesn’t have enough coverage to pay your claim. UM/UIM insurance also pays your damages if you’re involved in a crash with a hit-and-run driver.
- Umbrella insurance. This policy is additional liability insurance that pays Cherry Hill vehicle accident victims the damages that your primary liability insurance policy doesn’t cover – typically the damages over and above liability policy limits.
Generally, vehicle insurance policies that cover the vehicle owner cover any drivers identified in the policy or anyone else driving the car. The policies may also cover any household relatives and any passengers in the vehicle.
How does car insurance work in Cherry Hill?
Most Cherry Hill car accident victims use their no-fault coverage (health, PIP, and collision) first to pay some of their medical bills, wage losses, and essential expenses.
In many cases, just one other driver is responsible. We negotiate with their carrier to try to settle your case. If multiple drivers are responsible or other people are responsible (such as an employer or a manufacturer of a defective car part) we negotiate with all defendants either directly or with their insurance companies.
If the responsible defendants are uninsured or don’t have enough insurance, we file a UM/UIM claim.
When you meet with our attorneys, we review all of your available coverages, and put a plan of action together to maximize your recovery while minimizing the stress and frustration that you can experience in the aftermath of any car accident.
How does truck accident insurance work in Cherry Hill?
Truck accident insurance claims are generally the same as car accident claims. The main differences from car accident claims are that:
- There are usually more defendants. The truck driver’s employer and other trucking companies may also be liable for your injuries.
- The amount of the claim may be larger. Truck accidents usually cause more serious injuries. Many truck accidents are fatal due to the size and weight of the truck. We file a wrongful death action if a loved one dies in a truck accident.
Coverage issues may be more complicated. Many drivers don’t own their trucks; they drive trucks for a trucking company. The trucking company’s insurance should cover all their drivers.
The same type of basic and standard liability coverages should be available. Additional liability coverage may be available. Trucking companies also buy coverage for other items such as cargo that is damaged.
Do you have a Cherry Hill car accident lawyer near me?
Ferrara & Gable’s office is located at 601 Longwood Avenue in Cherry Hill, NJ. There’s parking nearby. If you can’t drive, you can reach us by the Rt. 38 bus. If you’re not mobile, we also can schedule a phone or video consultation.
We’ll answer all your insurance questions and explain how the claims process works.
Speak with an experienced vehicle accident lawyer serving Camden County, Burlington County & all of South Jersey
Insurance is very complicated. There are many different types of policies. There are minimums, maximums, and deductibles. Some insurance requires showing another driver was at fault. Some insurance is no-fault insurance. At Ferrara & Gable, our Cherry Hill insurance lawyers will explain what insurance you should purchase. We’ll fight to hold the insurance companies liable if you do have a vehicle accident. Call us or contact us today to schedule a free consultation. We’ll assert all your rights to compensation.