Free Case Evaluation
Cherry Hill Multi-Vehicle Accident Lawyers
Cherry Hill car accident attorneys advocating for clients in South Jersey
Accidents that involve multiple vehicles have several layers of complexity that single-vehicle accidents and accidents between two vehicles don’t have. At Ferrara & Gable, our Cherry Hill multi-vehicle accident lawyers have the skills, experience, and resources to simplify complex issues. We hire investigators, speak with the police, and, in some cases, work with traffic reconstruction experts who can explain the sequence of collisions. Our attorneys file claims against everyone responsible for your injuries or the death of your loved one. We demand full compensation for your personal and economic damages.
Free Case Evaluation
How can we help?
How do you fight for multi-vehicle accident victims in South Jersey?
Our car accident lawyers handle accidents involving multiple vehicles one step at a time. Common steps include the following:
- Determining how the accident occurred.
- Investigators will examine the number of lanes, the location of the nearest intersections, the speed limits, the location of any traffic signals or stop signs, any visibility issues, the weather at the time of the accident, and the damage to the vehicles. They’ll inquire within local businesses and residences if there is any video of the accident. They’ll speak with any eyewitnesses.
- We’ll review the police accident reports. If any citations were filed, we’ll inquire about the results of those citations. We’ll speak with the police about their impressions about how the accident happened.
- We sometimes work with traffic reconstruction experts who use engineering principles, computer graphics, and other scientific analyses to show how each collision occurred and why the collision was preventable.
- Conducting discovery. Discover consists of three phases:
- Written interrogatories. These are written questions that are submitted to each defendant.
- Oral depositions. These are formal questions and responses that involve anyone who has information about the accident – the drivers, eyewitnesses, and anyone else.
- Requests to produce documents. We review the insurance policies of the defendants and any other tangible evidence such as car repair reports, black boxes that may indicate a truck driver’s speed, and smartphones that may indicate if a driver was distracted.
- Verifying your medical condition. We’ll speak with your doctors and review their reports to show what injuries you have, the medical care you need, the cost of the care, and all the ways your injuries are making your life painful and difficult.
- Insurance negotiation. Once we determine how the accident happened and understand the full scope and severity of your injuries, we prepare formal demand letters that itemize all your damages. We then negotiate with the insurance adjusters.
- Try your case in court. If your case doesn’t settle, we’re always ready to try your case before a local jury. Many times, accident victims get their strongest result in court.
Why do multi-vehicle accidents happen in Cherry Hill?
Multi-vehicle accidents in Cherry Hill are often the result of driver negligence. The proximity of the vehicles and other factors such as the conditions of the road and where the impacts occur can increase the odds of multiple vehicles being struck.
Common causes of multi-vehicle crashes in South Jersey include:
- Driving while distracted
- Drunk driving
- Driving while fatigued
- Intersection accidents
- Failing to yield
- Merging improperly
- Passing improperly
- Failing to slow down at construction sites
- Defective vehicle parts such as defective car brakes
- Poor road design
What are the challenges involved with multi-vehicle accidents?
At Ferrara & Gable, our Cherry Hill multi-vehicle accident lawyers are skilled at handling the following complex issues:
- Determining who is responsible. We work with professionals and conduct extensive discovery (formal questions and answers from everyone involved) to determine when each accident happened, why it happened, and who is responsible. We understand the key to solving complex problems is to break them down into separate events.
- Multiple parties. Multiple crashes mean that many drivers and passengers may be injured. Pedestrians and bicycle riders could also be hurt. Our lawyers normally represent all the occupants of one vehicle who are injured or individual victims such as a pedestrian. We file personal injury and wrongful death claims against all responsible parties.
- Multiple insurance companies. Our lawyers are skilled at conducting negotiations with multiple insurance carriers. Generally, the more insurance companies that are involved, the more combined coverage the defendants will have.
We’ll also explain when you can file a UM/UIM claim if there isn’t enough insurance coverage.