Free Case Evaluation
Cherry Hill Head-On Accident Lawyers
Cherry Hill attorneys representing head-on collision victims in South Jersey
Head-on collisions are horrific, and often cause catastrophic or fatal injuries. At Ferrara & Gable, our Cherry Hill head-on accident lawyers fight for clients throughout South Jersey. We demand that the negligent party pays for all your personal damages, including pain and suffering, scarring and disfigurement, and all your financial losses. Over the years, we have secured millions of dollars on behalf of car accident victims in Cherry Hill and the surrounding areas, and we want to help you, too. Call us today to get started with a free consultation.
Free Case Evaluation
How can we help?
- Why are head-on accidents so deadly?
- Why do head-on collisions happen in Cherry Hill?
- Who is responsible for a head-on collision in Cherry Hill?
- What types of injuries do Cherry Hill head-on accidents cause?
- Do you have a Cherry Hill head-on accident lawyer near me?
Why are head-on accidents so deadly?
According to the Insurance Information Institute, in 2021, nearly 4,300 people died in head-on crashes. Head-on crashes accounted for 10.9 percent of all fatal car accidents.
Head-on crashes are extremely dangerous because both cars are typically moving at the same time. The impact of the collision is usually based on the combined speed of the vehicles. For example, if you’re traveling at 30 mph and the car that strikes the front of your car is traveling at 40 mph, the force of the impact is comparable to a collision at 70 mph.
If a car is coming directly at you, even if there are other lanes, you can’t rely on moving into the lane because that lane may be going in the wrong direction, or there may be a vehicle in the lane you want to switch to.
Who is responsible for a head-on collision in Cherry Hill?
Our car accident lawyers file personal injury and wrongful death claims against every responsible party. The defendants may include:
- The driver that struck your car. In addition to seeking damages for your economic and personal damages, we often seek punitive damages if the driver’s negligence was inexcusable.
- An employer. If the driver who struck you was working for an employer, such as a delivery service or a trucking company, we’ll file a claim against the employer. Employers are generally liable for the negligence of their employees.
- The car owner. The owners of the car, if different than the driver such as when a teenager causes a head-on crash while driving his/her parent’s car, may be liable.
- A government agency or entity. Some head-on collisions are caused because a road wasn’t designed safely or wasn’t properly maintained. Confusing signs, missing traffic lights, and other road safety flaws may also result in governmental liability.
Unlike most states, New Jersey does not have a dram shop act to hold sellers of alcohol liable.
What types of injuries do Cherry Hill head-on accidents cause?
Head-on collisions, due to their extreme force, often cause life-changing injuries. Many head-on crashes are fatal. At Ferrara & Gable, our personal injury lawyers represent accident victims throughout South Jersey who suffer any type of serious injury including:
- Traumatic brain injury or head trauma
- Spinal cord damage, including paralysis
- Traumatic amputation/loss of limb
- Fractures/broken bones
- Internal organ damage and internal bleeding
- Back, neck, and shoulder injuries
- Nerve, tissue, ligament, muscle, and tendon damage
- Broken bones
- Scarring and disfigurement
- Emotional trauma