Free Case Evaluation
Cherry Hill Distracted Driving Accident Attorneys
Skilled representation when you’re injured by a distracted driver in South Jersey
Distracted driving has become a widespread issue on NJ roadways, leading to countless accidents, injuries, and tragic loss of life. At Ferrara & Gable, we recognize the severe physical, emotional, and financial toll that distracted driving accidents can inflict on victims and their families. Our experienced team of Cherry Hill distracted driving accident attorneys is here to provide essential information, legal support, and advocacy for those affected by these preventable incidents.
Our Cherry Hill distracted driving accident lawyers are dedicated to assisting victims in understanding their rights and options while pursuing justice and compensation for the physical and emotional harm they have endured. We want to raise awareness about the dangers of distracted driving and hold those responsible for such accidents accountable. To find out how we’ve helped people just like you in the past, check out our verdicts and settlement page.
The CDC reports that in 2019, over 3,100 people were killed and about 424,000 injured in crashes involving a distracted driver. This comes to about nine people killed every day. They also note that about one in every five people who died in these types of crashes were not in vehicles, but walking, riding a bike, or otherwise outside of a vehicle.
Free Case Evaluation
How can we help?
What is distracted driving?
The three types of distracted driving are:
- Visual distraction. Taking your eyes off the road. This can include looking at your phone, GPS device, passengers, or anything else outside of the vehicle.
- Manual distraction. Taking your hands off the wheel. This can include eating, drinking, texting, or adjusting the radio.
- Cognitive distraction. Taking your mind off the task of driving. This can include daydreaming, talking to passengers, or listening to music.
Any type of distraction can be dangerous, but cognitive distractions are particularly dangerous because they can impair your judgment and reaction time. Here are some examples of distracted driving:
- Texting while driving
- Talking on the phone while driving
- Eating or drinking while driving
- Adjusting the radio while driving
- Looking at a map or GPS device while driving
- Talking to passengers while driving
- Daydreaming while driving
- Thinking about other things while driving
If you are involved in an accident with a distracted driver, talk to the Cherry Hill attorneys at Ferrara & Gable today.
What damages am I entitled to after a Cherry Hill distracted driving accident?
After a Cherry Hill distracted driving accident, you may be entitled to various types of damages, both economic and non-economic, to compensate you for the losses and injuries you've suffered. Here are some common types of damages to which you may be entitled:
- Pain and suffering. Non-economic damages, such as physical pain, emotional distress, and mental anguish, can be compensated based on the severity and impact of your injuries.
- Medical expenses. You can seek compensation for all medical costs related to the accident, including hospital bills, surgeries, doctor's visits, prescription medications, physical therapy, and rehabilitation.
- Lost wages. If your injuries result in missed workdays or diminished earning capacity, you may be entitled to recover lost wages and future income.
- Property damage. Damages related to repairing or replacing your vehicle and other personal property that was damaged in the accident can be included.
- Disability and disfigurement. If the accident results in disability or significant scarring or disfigurement, you may be entitled to additional compensation.
- Loss of consortium. Spouses or family members may be able to pursue damages for the loss of companionship, care, and affection resulting from your injuries.
- Wrongful death damages. If a loved one was fatally injured in a distracted driving accident, surviving family members may pursue wrongful death damages, including funeral and burial expenses, loss of financial support, and emotional suffering.
It's important to note that the specific damages you can pursue will depend on various factors, including the severity of your injuries, the available insurance coverage, and the strength of your case. Consulting with the experienced personal injury attorneys at Ferrara & Gable is essential to evaluate the potential damages and build a strong case on your behalf. We work to ensure you secure the compensation to which you’re entitled for your accident.
What should I do after a Cherry Hill distracted driving accident?
If you have been involved in a distracted driving accident, there are a few things you should do:
- Check for injuries. If you or anyone else is injured, call 911 immediately.
- Move to a safe location. If your vehicle is blocking traffic, move it to the side of the road if possible.
- Exchange information with the other driver(s). This includes names, addresses, phone numbers, insurance information, and license plate numbers.
- File a police report. Generally, the officer at the scene will create this police report. This will create a record of the accident and will be helpful if you need to file a claim with your insurance company.
- Take pictures of the scene. This includes photos of the damage to your vehicle, the other driver's vehicle, and the surrounding area.
- Get witness statements. If there were any witnesses to the accident, get their contact information and statements.
- Contact your insurance company. File a claim with your insurance company as soon as possible. Do not admit fault or give more than the basic details of the accident. Your lawyer can deal with the insurance company later.
- See a doctor. Even if you don't think you're injured, seeing a doctor after a car accident is important. Some injuries, such as whiplash and concussions, may not cause symptoms immediately.
- Call our lawyers. You should contact an attorney from Ferrara & Gable as soon as you can after any accident, to ensure that your rights are protected.
If you have been injured in a distracted driving accident, you may be entitled to compensation for your medical expenses, lost wages, property damage, and pain and suffering. An experienced car accident attorney can help you file a claim and negotiate on your behalf to get you the maximum compensation possible.
Do you have a Cherry Hill distracted driving accident attorney near me?
Ferrara & Gable maintains an office at 601 Longwood Avenue in Cherry Hill, NJ. There is parking available, and a bus stop right up the block on Rt. 38. If you are too injured or ill to travel, we can schedule a phone or video consultation.
Cherry Hill distracted driving accident attorneys serving South Jersey
Were you or a loved one injured in an accident caused by distracted driving? If so, you’re not alone. Here at Ferrara & Gable, our Cherry Hill distracted driving accident lawyers help injured people just like you every day. We have the experience and resources you need to hold the right parties responsible when you’re injured in a distracted driving accident. To find out your rights to compensation, call our Cherry Hill offices or contact us today for a confidential consultation. Proudly serving Camden County, Burlington County & all of South Jersey.
Related on distracted driving laws in New Jersey: