Statistics reveal that construction is one of the most dangerous industries for workers. The Occupational Safety and Health Administration even reports that 20% of all worker fatalities in 2014 occurred at construction sites. If you are a construction worker who was injured while on the job, it is important to understand that you have a right to pursue compensation for the life-changing injuries that you have incurred. To make sure that you obtain the compensation you deserve, it is often a wise idea to speak with an experienced construction accident lawyer.
When Do You Need a Construction Accident Attorney?
Following a construction accident, some people are not sure whether they need the assistance of a construction accident lawyer. Some of the signs that you need a construction accident attorney include:
- An accident results in any type of serious injury that necessitates a trip to a doctor
- A loved one is killed in a construction accident
- A report written by law enforcement or the construction company does not match the events as they actually occurred or the report puts you at fault when you believe it was the other party’s fault
- The construction accident occurs due to the negligence of another person
- You attempt to negotiate matters on your own, but discover yourself unable to reach an agreement with the responsible party’s insurance company
It is often in your best interest to let a construction accident lawyer handle matters from the beginning to avoid facing complications that you could potentially avoid.
If you are in doubt about whether an insurance company can help, it is almost always a better idea to speak with an experienced accident attorney.
Speak With an Attorney After a Construction Accident
Many people benefit from retaining the assistance of an accident attorney as soon as possible after an accident. Some of the reasons why you should promptly obtain the assistance of an accident attorney include:
- The responsible party will often immediately inform their insurance company, which will then attempt to contact you. Insurance companies are skilled at convincing accident victims to provide statements that weaken their cases. This is why it is critical to avoid giving a statement about the accident without first speaking to an experienced attorney. An experienced construction accident attorney can help you interact with the insurance company so you avoid saying something that will weaken your case.
- The statute of limitations in New Jersey for construction accidents is often quite narrow. This means that a person only has a short amount of time in which to initiate legal action before he or she is barred from doing so. By promptly getting into contact with an experienced construction accident attorney, the sooner you can stop worrying about being barred from pursuing legal action.
Schedule a Free Initial Consultation Today
If you or a loved one was injured in a construction accident, the attorneys at Ferrara & Gable are ready to help. We know what it takes to fight for the maximum amount of compensation to which you are entitled to for your losses. Contact our law office today to schedule a free initial consultation.